Well I did it. I contacted my own personal client - the one that I have dealt with exclusively for the past 10 years - from my work email and asked if he would consider contracting my company instead of me personally for future work. The idea being that I increase the income and stability of my job and do all this kind of work in work time thereby freeing up my personal hours for personal persuits (the art, crafts and writing).
As a backup I have applied for a couple of other jobs. The meeting with my MD and GM confirmed that the future is not looking to bright. I suspect they would be extremely releived if I offered myself as a contractor so that they could just hire me on a project by project basis if and when they come.
But, Baz and I have a financial plan which relys on my income for just a big longer.
One day soon, I want to be in a position where we are both 'following our bliss' instead of stuck in jobs dominated by the need to earn the associated income. My dream is to have the financial plan working to provide us with the equivalent passive income so we can follow our passions and any income resulting is the proverbial 'icing on the cake'.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment