Friday, November 27, 2009

3rd place

Disappointingly for me I didn’t win the prestigious honour of having my artwork on the 2010 white pages. However, a bronze medal is still an honour. I get $500 and go to the Art Awards in March, and will get a certificate or something I presume so that is still exciting and it has been a very exciting few weeks. Congratulations to the other two finalists who got second and third. I don’t know which one won as yet.
Yesterday when I heard I was a little sad and old feelings of only being average at everything propped up. Today I feel better and still validated and appreciate that being selected as one of only three is still a very big achievement.
I am back feeling motivated to materialise a plan I have had for a while now - and thought a lot more about since I got selected as a finalist - to create some more works and have an exhibition and get a webpage and get some of my ideas into production to sell online.

No comments:

Post a Comment