
In August 2004 I finally got my very own digital camera and began taking LOTS of photos. Some of these were beautiful shots of Wellington buildings on sunny days where they stood tall, proud and glittering.
I played around with some of these images in photoshop. I had an idea for making tees that would feature these stark contrasted images against bright coloured backgrounds, experimenting with different colours.
When the Yellow Pages Art Awards came round, I entered a compilation of these images but the entry disappeared into the cosmos as all my entries had done in the past. I have no idea how many times I entered. Around 5 times I think.
This year I was just too busy to bother - too much work on to think about spending time being creative. However, the Art Awards people send out reminder emails and when I got the last one - a day or so before shut off, I decided to enter the compilation again and be done with it.
AMAZINGLY enough, it got selected. Out of how many I dont know - but there are only 3 in the final. Its now down to the vote and so I have begun a political campaign to get as many votes as possible. People have been SO generous and have forwarded this on to all their contacts. its been amazing. I have been so humbled by so many well wishes and so many complements. Its been wonders for my social networking too.
I dont know when I find out the results but entries finish on 22nd November. If you happen upon this blog and wish to vote yourself, the link is: http://www.yellowartawards.co.nz/vote.php
No comments:
Post a Comment