I don’t feel too lonely...yet. This feeling of being at home on my own, working away with emails for company (and our two puddy cats) has a strong feeling of déjà vu about it. It takes me back to the joys and reclusive isolation of when I worked from home for 6 years trying in vain to get my elearning business up and running. I have since learnt that one cannot do all the work and grow a business at the same time with no support to speak of. Fortunately this will be temporary. A personality like mine needs to be around people. I heard someone the other day mention that alcoholics are idealist melancholics. Ha ha. So true. I am a melancholic who has learnt how not to be idealist...finally. I accept that I need the energy and buzz of other people because I don’t have it inherently within me to generate enough to combat my default melancholic state. But around the right people I soar…
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. SO MUCH TO DO. I have to write 7 training manuals with a training guide each and a power point presentation covering 11 unit standards and featuring something like 70 different scenario and question activities. I also have to develop assessment packs for 21 unit standards for another project and I want to get as much of this done as I can in the next two weeks – or should I say 8 days. Unlikely me thinks which means I’ll be starting my new job with nights and weekends trying to finish these @#$%^& projects. I tried to get out of the big one but Artisan has already committed and so I committed to finishing them. :-(
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One foot in front of the other Toni..you will be great!! xx
ReplyDelete