Thursday, September 3, 2009
Sage tea
I'm drinking sage tea in a futile attempt to ease the throbbing, pounding pain in my head. Hello caffeine withdrawal. I went through this a couple of years ago when I went cold turkey to give up coffee. Now it’s tea, or chai tea I should say. The closest thing I found to replace coffee, only, like coffee I began to get headaches and migraines with it too if I didn’t get the timing right. I tried to wean off both coffee and tea but it didn’t work...just kept getting headaches and needing to drink more coffee/tea so once again I am going cold turkey. I feel so bad. Sick, tired, heavy and a pounding, pounding head. Ever hit your nail with a hammer and had that throbbing pain and know that pricking your nail with a needle so the blood can escape is the best way to ease the pain but you just can’t bring yourself to do it? That's how my head feels and apparently the pain is likewise due to the blood flow so probably if I could drill a hole in my head the pain would ease - but I won’t. I know this will pass in the next day or two, so I just have to ride it out and think of my headache free future that awaits me. May this post remind me to NEVER consume caffeine ever again! It’s NASTY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment